Friday, October 7, 2011

A NEW BEGINING BEGINS




This is Betty Boop, she also happens to be a tattoo that I had done in the last two weeks, on my right shoulder. Why Betty Boop? Betty Boop pre dates Barbie, she is the original female multi tasker, you can find a picture of BB depicting any role in society, she is sexy, she is cute, she is brunette (like moi) with curls (like moi) and she has more womanly proportions than Babs (sorry she-with -the-perky-tits-so-unlike-real-women-of-today-Barbie).




Betty is me and I am Betty but how did this come about? Well about 18 months ago when I was still studying, I entered a pact with two other female students to have a BB tatt on our arses when we graduated. Two things happened; they didn't graduate and my arse probably shouldn't be on public display. I had always considered getting a tattoo, for me, to be naughty, a little out there, not who everyone expected me to be, however my father always told me that he would never speak to me if I got a tattoo, hence it took me three years after his passing to think that him talking to me again anyway wasn't really going to happen. (Laugh out loud to self) I was still in two minds about it, scared of the pain (hey having three natural births did not compare to the pain of getting a tattoo, anyone in their right mind knows that), until I told a friend about it. He asked me what I was going to get, I told him BB in a nurses uniform and he growled and said 'sexy', THAT gave me the encouragement I needed and so with the encouragement of two women in particular, both who I might add are quite younger than me, I made the booking. Yes I needed someone to hold my hand, she came and sat with me, encouraging me, not telling me at all that I was bleeding profusly incase I ran like a screaming banshee out of the studio with a half finished tatt and blood streaming down my back scaring the Melton community at large and the burley, bald tattoo artist, Zane from ever inking again. (Another laugh out loud to self)




And so, a tattoo, a new attitude, a strength, a courage, a closure to A Kink In Time, a begining as A Meander through the Jungle. Welcome, enjoy, learn, laugh, cry, listen, wonder, question and be, you never know, what you know, until you know.

2 comments:

Shelley Menhennet said...

Wow Jules - a brilliant tattoo! So much nicer than a skull or a great whopping fish or something. Now you can share your secret with me - is this the start of one of those cool sleeves that no Collingwood player can be without????
I can just imagine BB doing all sorts of things up and down your arm!!! Hanging from a chandelier, scrapbooking, screaming her head off in fright,wetting her pants laughing, doing a Mata Hari impersonation - oh the possibilities are endless!!!
love ya,
Shell
XXX

A Meander Through The Jungle said...

Lovin ya back Shell, you made me laugh rorkessly out loud (not sure that's even how you spell it). Now you have given me a few ideas lol xx