Wednesday, October 26, 2011

GRAB MA' MACHETE

Oh Brother!

What a couple of weeks it has been, very difficult couple of weeks, drowning couple of weeks, stressed out couple of weeks, but still life has gone on.

For the time being renovations have finished and it is up to me to start the painting, gee doesn't that take some motivation????? But still needs to be done, so I need to get off my ass and start if I want it done before Christmas, which just happens to be at my place this year.

Had a few social occassions to fit in, including a weekend away with girl friends scrapbooking, attending the Cox Plate, which was good in it's self, but I didn't enjoy at all. Moonee Valley would have to be the worse venue I have ever been to; I mean come on, you are at the actual venue and you have to sit inside and watch the races on a big screen because you can't get outside? What is that about? It would be like going to the MCG and watching the Grand Final on a big screen tv inside the venue. WTF???? Also had a family 50th, a Postie Party and a couple of coffee dates catching up with friends.

Work.......well the work is a bit slow coming, not as fast as I would have liked or thought given the gushing of the agency girl, but I thank her because I have learnt not to believe the "Oh you won't stop working we have heaps of shifts to fill every day" speel that is cleary part of the script.  However I am working for the agency and I am on bank with a hospital and I do have another interview on Friday for a permanent part time position (so keep your fingers crossed) and another interview next Thursday for another hospital bank position.

Lots of other personal things going on that I won't go into, but making it difficult at times to focus, to relax, just wanting to put my head in the sand and my arse up, except I am sure someone will come along and like that vision and give me a good shalacking ;-).

And so that is why I have needed ma machete to try and cut through the vines that are slowly tightening their grip on me and wanting to take me up to some giant triffid looking plant, salivating at the thought of eating my juicy tender body. (Good imagery huh?)

No comments: